The Minor "C" allele is associated with:
- More likely to be diagnosed with obsessive-compulsive personality disorder (OCD), especially in males [R].
- Poor performance in executive function (CC) [R].
- Higher rates of cognitive impairment in HIV-positive methamphetamine users [R].
- Better results from antipsychotic (olanzapine) in schizophrenic patients [R].
The Major "T" allele is associated with:
- Lower rates of cognitive impairment in HIV-positive methamphetamine users [R].
- Decreased risk of Parkinsons disease in white Hispanics [R].
This SNP is associated with (unknown which alleles):
- Prefrontal cognition [R]
- Nicotine dependence [R]
- Smoking cessation with treatment [R].
- Alcohol dependence [R].
- Early onset heroin dependence [R].
- Tardive dyskinesia in schizophrenic individuals [R] [R].
- Schizophrenia (United States and India) [R]. No schizophrenia association in Han Chinese [R].
- Lower risk of schizophrenia [R] [R] - This article describes findings that explain why Rs6280 seems to always be linked to schizophrenia, but upon closer inspection, is not actually linked.