This SNP increases gene production of MMP-9 and was associated with severity of heart hardening of the arteries.
- One T allele=1.14X increased risk for heart attack (p=0.06) [R]
- TT=1.33X increased risk for heart attack (p=0.19)[R]
- One T= 9.1X increased breast cancer risk for whites and 3.6X increased breast cancer risk for mixed ethnicities [R]
- T=increased blood pressure and aortic stiffness in a high blood pressure population (R).
- T allele= increased plaque instability through increased degradation of the cellular structural support web (ECM).
- Has been associated with heart failure (HF) and overall risk of dying (R).