The Minor "G" allele is associated with:
- Greater benefit from aspirin used to prevent diseases (R).
- Carriers of G allele might derive greater benefits from aspirin use in primary prevention (R).
- Higher risk for end-stage Osteoarthritis (primary, bilateral, hip and knee) (R).
The Major "C" allele is associated with:
- The C allele was associated with a lower risk of end-stage Osteoarthritis (primary, bilateral, hip and knee) (R).
- The C allele was associated with lower risks of Myocardial Infarction and stroke in an Italian population (R).
- In Italy, GC appeared at lower risk of cerebrovascular ischemia (R).
- Individuals (Pima Indians) with the variant CC had a 30% higher risk of type 2 diabetes. This may effect chronic inflammation (OR=1.6 per copy of C allele; P=0.01) (R).
- The C allele was also associated with worse arteries (lower carotid IMT) in a subgroup of people with high cholesterol (R).
- The C allele was reported to be associated with higher risk of stroke in African Americans (R).