The Minor "A" allele is associated with:
- Increased BMI, hip circumference, total weight and waist circumference (R).
- Increased risk of obesity (found in danish population) (R).
- Increased risk of obesity in individuals with polycystic ovarian syndrome (R).
- Increased insulin resistance in a European population (R).
- Increased risk of Type 2 diabetes in Japanese populations (R) and Chinese population (R).
- Increased risk of Metabolic syndrome (R).
The Major "G" allele is associated with:
- Higher metabolism of fat-proteins and higher total cholesterol levels after eating in normal-weight Caucasians (R).
This SNP is associated with (unknown which alleles):