The Function of UGT1A7
UDPGT is of major importance in the conjugation and subsequent elimination of potentially toxic xenobiotics and endogenous compounds. Isoform 2 lacks transferase activity but acts as a negative regulator of isoform 1.
Recommended name:UDP-glucuronosyltransferase 1-7
Alternative name(s):UDPGT 1-7
- RS10173355 (UGT1A7) ??
- RS11563251 (UGT1A7) ??
- RS11891311 (UGT1A7) ??
- RS17863787 (UGT1A7) ??
- RS1875263 (UGT1A7) ??
- RS3755319 (UGT1A7) ??
- RS4148323 (UGT1A7) ??
- RS4148324 (UGT1A7) ??
- RS4148325 (UGT1A7) ??
- RS4477910 (UGT1A7) ??
- RS4663969 (UGT1A7) ??
- RS6742078 (UGT1A7) ??
- RS7586110 (UGT1A7) ??
- RS887829 (UGT1A7) ??
- RS929596 (UGT1A7) ??
To see your genotype, you should be logged in and have a file with your genotype uploaded.
Top Gene-Substance Interactions
Substances That Increase UGT1A7
Substances That Decrease UGT1A7
Conditions with Increased Gene Activity
|Condition||Change (log2fold)||Comparison||Species||Experimental variables||Experiment name|
The following transcription factors affect gene expression:
Liver and gastric tissue. Isoform 1 and isoform 2 are expressed in esophagus. Neither isoform is expressed in liver, kidney, colon and small intestine (PubMed:18004212).
- Retinoic Acid Binding
- Enzyme Inhibitor Activity
- Protein Kinase C Binding
- Drug Binding
- Glucuronosyltransferase Activity
- Enzyme Binding
- Protein Homodimerization Activity
- Protein Heterodimerization Activity
- Fatty Acid Metabolic Process
- Coumarin Metabolic Process
- Drug Metabolic Process
- Retinoic Acid Metabolic Process
- Negative Regulation Of Fatty Acid Metabolic Process
- Flavone Metabolic Process
- Cellular Glucuronidation
- Flavonoid Glucuronidation
- Xenobiotic Glucuronidation
- Negative Regulation Of Glucuronosyltransferase Activity
- Negative Regulation Of Cellular Glucuronidation
- Flavonoid Biosynthetic Process