The Minor "G" allele is associated with:
- Increased klotho protein resulting in enhanced cognitive function and longevity (GT) (R).
- worse cognitive function (GG).
- So 1/5 people will have the higher Klotho gene, while the rest of us have TT, which is what I have.
- Increased longevity, healthier cardiovascular function, better kidney health, and bigger brain volume (GT) (R).
For rs9536314, 80% of the population will have "TT."
There are two SNPs in the KL-VS haplotype, but 23andme only has one of them.
Having two minor alleles such as GG is associated with worse cognitive function.
So 1/5 people will have the higher Klotho gene, while the rest of us have TT, which is what I have.
Carrying one copy of rs9536314 has been associated with (R):
- healthy cardiovascular functions,
- better kidney health.
- better cognitive function,
- bigger brain volume,