- T (minor) allele may cause higher levels of CRN1 protein in the body [R].
- Cannabinoids slow stomach emptying in females and increases fasting stomach volume in males (R). The T allele is associated with this, which further supports its 'pro' CNR1 activation effects.
The Minor "T" allele carriers:
- Gained about 2.2 kg (4.9 pounds) more weight (CT/TT vs CC) [R].
- Have increased risk of childhood obesity (R)
- Have increased antipsychotic-induced weight gain (R)
- Have larger stomach volume (TT vs CC) (R).
- Have increased fasting stomach volume (CT/TT vs CC) [R].
- Reduced fullness after eating [R].
- Moved food slightly more slowly through the colon into the anus (CT/TT vsCC) [R].
This SNP is also associated with (unknown alleles):