The Major "C" allele is associated with:
- Reduced levels of HTR1B protein.
- Increased risk of antisocial alcoholism (R).
- 20% lower average levels of HTR1B in 96 brain samples of dead people (R).
- Increased aggressive behavior in children (R), however, these associations with aggressive behavior are not consistently found (R).
- Men with lower production of HTR1B reported greater anger and hostility than men with higher production (R).
- "The results showed that the G allele could significantly increase the risk of ADHD (OR=1.09)" [R]