- Possible lower levels of DRD2 protein causing higher risk for drug abuse and nicotine dependence (A) [R].
- Normal levels of DRD2 protein (GG).
The Minor "A" allele is associated with:
- Higher rates of smoking as seen in a study of adolescents [R].
- Increased risk of opiate addiction and required methadone treatment [R].
- PTSD in trauma-exposed individuals [R ].
The Major "G" allele is associated with:
- Potential greater susceptibility to Parkinsons, schizophrenia, and substance addiction (GA) [R].
- Higher usage alcohol for adults who had lenient parents during childhood [R].
This SNP is associated with (unknown which alleles):