The A (minor) Allele is associated with:
- A better response to Inhaled Corticosteroid Therapy in Asthmatics [R].
- Worse response to leukotriene receptor antagonist (LTRA) montelukast (a non steroidal therapy that acts as an anti inflammatory agent for the bronchi) in Asthmatics [R].
- A better response to Photodynamic Therapy (PDT) in macular degeneration subjects [R].
- Increased risk of Diabetic Retinopathy [R][R][R].
This SNP is associated with (unknown which allele):
- Hippocampal structure, which controls memory and emotions [R].