- Higher levels of Hypoxia-inducible factor 1-alpha (HIF1A) under normal and low oxygen conditions (AA).
- Increased HIF1A (A)
- Normal levels of HIF1A (G)
The Minor "A" allele is associated with:
- Increased colon tumor localization (p = 0.016) and increased colon tumor size (p = 0.003) [R].
- Higher risk of pancreatic cancer (p = 0.021) [R].
- AA genotype is 1.70X more likely than GG to have cancer (Han Chinese) [R]
- Decreased progression of renal cell carcinoma (kidney cancer) and increased survival rate from the cancer (Han Chinese) [R].
- Less likely (0.736X) to be associated with different types of cancers (p=0.005) compared to AG/GG [R],
The Major "G" allele is associated with:
- Normal risk of cancer [R].
This SNP is associated with (unknown which alleles):