Top Gene Interactions
- Metabolism: Route of Elimination: Propylthiouracil is readily absorbed and is extensively metabolized. Approximately 35% of the drug is excreted in the urine, in intact and conjugated forms, within 24 hours. Half Life: 2 hours
- Uses/Sources: Used to manage hyperthyroidism which is due to an overactive thyroid gland (Grave's disease).
- Route of Exposure: Well absorbed following oral administration.
- Carcinogenicity: 2B, possibly carcinogenic to humans. (L135)
- Toxicity: Oral, rat: LD<sub>50</sub> = 1250 mg/kg.
Mechanism of Action
|Target Name||Mechanism of Action||References|